Rocky Mount, Virginia

Wildeernest bed and breakfast had hosts who are rude.The rooms are dirty, the 1 mile long driveway is not safe, 40 foot drop offs with no guard rails.

Food is expensive and not good, frozen store bought pies for dessert. The hosts should go back to their home country and leave the b and b business for those who want to do the job. When I called to complain all Kathy did was yell at me and called me a liar.

There were so many dead bugs in every overhead light which Kathy justified by saying it is in the mountains.Try cleaning sometime.

Had an Experience with Wildernest Inn?

Comments

My wife and I stayed at the Wildernest Inn and found the hosts to be rude.In the first hour that we stayed there my wife was so upset that she wanted to leave immediately.

We were made to feel so unwelcome that we were willing to forfeit what we paid.

The only reason we did not was because it was getting dark and driving back down the driveway would have been dangerous.

When we first booked our room we were told that all but one of the rooms were filled, but when we arrived, we were the only guests.

Our hosts were only slightly more pleasant the next morning.We felt that they were happy that we were leaving.

These people should not be in the Bed and Breakfast business.

There are some people that cannot be pleased not matter how you try.

My husband and I were at the Wildernest Inn while these complainers were there.

I feel I must warn anyone reading these reviews that this couple was very standoffish and seemed to have a chip on their shoulder from the time they arrived. The Wildernest Inn is VERY CLEAN, the food is superb, and Kathy and Stewart are excellent hosts. I heard this disgruntled couple received their trip as a gift....and while breakfast is included they were also expecting to receive a free dinner which is NOT part of the rate. We have enjoyed the inn on 2 separate visits and there is absolutely NOTHING about our two stays there that would ever make me not want to return.

Kathy and Stewart pay attention to the smallest details....from mints in little containers, to sewing kits in another. The rooms were spotless, beds comfy, abundant and huge towels, and as I mentioned food couldn't be better. Every evening there is a display as the sun sets over the mountains...which you can enjoy from the deck, all while watching the bears frolic. This couple didn't want to try anything new including the sauce on their meat, so they missed out on a wonderful experience.

As for the 40 foot drops, they're nuts. The road is lined with trees, and while it is a dirt road it is NOT unsafe. This is truly a wonderful place. I have found that if you WANT to find something bad, and you look hard enough you will always...

So I suggest this couple stay on their farm where they will be happy with their cows.Leave the Wildernest Inn for those of us who have the ability to appreciate the experience.

to DO NOT believe this person!!! Queenstown, Maryland, United States #1304429

We were oneof the disgruntled couples and, no, we did not receive this vacation as a gift. We stand by what we said before. Kathy and Stewart were quite rude, and with the attitudes they displayed, should not be in the B & B business.